Find Your People
Want to join a Group?
Social distancing can appear to inhibit true gospel community, connection, and camaraderie. But, we can still gather with the saints by empowering members and attenders to connect to existing groups in our church and to launch new groups for this season.
Interested in starting a new group?
Fill out the application.
Please read our group leader expectations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Types of Groups will The Journey Offer?
The Journey has created five (5) group types.
- Care Groups are for those that have a shared need for support. These groups are led by a church leader who can provide spiritual guidance and counsel while those in the group support one another. Previous examples of groups like this are GriefShare, DivorceCare, Sexual Integrity, etc.
- City Groups are for those who share a passion to serve our city and want to engage/serve with others who share the same passion. These groups can serve together and can also learn/ grow in their understanding of our city together. Previous examples of groups like this are local school partnerships, meal service, refugee care, etc.
- Community Groups are for those who want to build genuine community with others at The Journey who live in close proximity to their home. Ideally, these groups meet weekly and become familial in nature, providing care, accountability and spiritual friendship for one another.
- Connect Groups are for those looking for others who share a common interest, age- or life-stage. In a large church, it can sometimes be difficult to identify those who share commonalities. These groups are a great way to get started in building relationships. Previous groups examples of like this are Mom’s Groups, Empty Nesters, hobby groups, etc.
- Content Groups are for those that want to learn with others. Whether a book study, Equip Class, RightNow Media resource, or Bible study, these groups are those who want to study and grow alongside others. Previous examples of groups like this are Missional Living Equip Class, What You do Best in The Body book study, etc.
How Can I Sign-Up for a Group?
Many of our existing Community Groups have transitioned to virtual gatherings and are now open for people to join them. Click here to find a group! If you don’t find a Community Group near where you live at your Journey location, please check out other locations for more options! Other existing types of groups will be available soon. As time goes on, new groups will be opened for people to join.
What if I Want to Start a Group?