Tower Grove Lead Pastor
The Lead Pastor of Tower Grove is primarily responsible to take the global vision of the Senior Pastor of The Journey and contextualize the vision for the congregation of Tower Grove and the people in the local community. Our hope is that the Lead Pastor of Tower Grover will be able to clearly articulate the vision as identified by the Senior Pastor of The Journey, learn and build relationships in the surrounding community, and mobilize leaders to carry out the vision in the South St. Louis City context while fostering multiplication, teamwork, and servant hearts. He will be responsible to shepherd, equip, lead, and empower the ministry staff and lay leaders in the day-to-day implementation of the vision, mission and values of The Journey Church.
Core Competencies & Qualifications:
The individual in this position must possess the following skills, abilities, and attitudes in order to perform this position:
- Catalytic leader
- Cultural-change agent
- A posture of humility
- Theologically astute
- Heart for racial reconciliation
- Calling to live and serve within a multi-ethnic community
- Works well with people across demographics
- Presents and communicates information effectively
- Adapts and responds to change
- Leads and supervises effectively
- Formulates strategies and concepts
- Networking skills
- Copes well with pressure and setbacks
- Achieves personal work goals and objectives
- 5+ years of progressive ministry leadership experience in a large church setting
- Multi-site experience is helpful
The individual filling this position will be held accountable to the following goals and will be successful in this position if these goals are met:
- Personal and professional embodiment of The Journey’s mission, vision, and values
- Tower Grove vision aligned to the vision of the overall church and effectively contextualized to the local church and community’s culture
- Missionally aligned multiplication of Tower Grove’s staff, elders, and lay leaders
- The presence of a multiplying, committed, connected, and shepherded staff
- The presence of a multiplying, committed, connected, and shepherded membership
Duties & Responsibilities, not limited to:
- Translation of The Journey’s mission, vision, and values to The Journey Tower Grove staff, leaders, and congregation.
- Develop and execute plans and budgets to accomplish the contextualized vision.
- Lead all staff management and development. Oversight of the staff, responsible for staff transitions (coordinate onboarding and off-boarding with Human Resources), oversight of staff spiritual formation and professional development, general management, and performance issues.
- Lead, manage, and develop the lay elder team.
- Train the staff and local elder and leader teams to equip others to do the work of ministry.
- Serve, shepherd, provide care, and pray for the Tower Grove congregation.
- Preach regularly.
- Participate on the Executive Leadership Council.
- Oversight of planning weekend and other services.
- Identify and develop relationships with community stakeholders to help identify and meet needs within the Tower Grove community.
- Participate in the Lead Pastor team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Status: Full-time, exempt
Hours: 55+ hours/week
Benefits: Health Insurance; 403b, life insurance; LTD; paid vacation, sick, and personal leave; cell phone reimbursement
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Date: August 2020