God made us for relationship. First and foremost with Him, but He has given us the gift of relationship with each other, too. He also made us for rest. We were designed for dependency on and identity in Him and not on our busy schedules and productivity levels.
This summer at The Journey, we’ve been talking a lot about using these summer months for rest and relationships.
What is Journey July? It’s entering into this month having intentionally adjusted some rhythms at our churches to make space for these things. Specifically, you will notice the following during the month of July across our locations:
- Shorter services designed to engage the whole family and allow for more connection with one another before and after services
- Limited Journey Kids, as we’re inviting kids to join us for worship this month!
- Times to gather after services to enjoy treats (like popsicles and popcorn!), games, and fellowship with church family
- Resources like sermon listening guides for children to help them engage and understand what they experience in service
- Our services will include a short but special teaching time for children and shorter, devotional-style sermons appropriate for all
This is the heart behind Journey July. To refocus our hearts and minds on these themes of rest and relationship.
We look forward to seeing you this summer and invite you to join us for Journey July, as we seek to enjoy a different rhythm and time with family and with one another.